Dream Board - Vacation House

I haven't post a blog in what seems like a life time, but 2014 kept me really busy from traveling to starting my own business. I can definitely say that 2014 was a wild ride, but definitely a great one.  After learning all that I could from real estate to stocks there is no doubt that my dreams only got bigger. I've realized that the time it will take me to save the money I needed to renovate my dream home while working a 9-5, being in the marketing industry would only take me less than half the time to complete my goals if I just stick with it.

My parents have a home overseas. Learning about the difference between assets and liabilities I decided to turn their home into a vacation home. The island is known for carnival, so I knew I would get a high demand during the season. This year I plan on starting the renovations. Thank goodness for having contractors in the family. Here are a few of my ideas.


Living room: I love the idea of having tavertine tile through out the house and felt like going for a more tropical feel. We're not that close to beach so why not make it feel like we are.





Kitchen: I love the "clean-open feel" of a kitchen. White cabinets and dark floors along with stainless steel appliances.





Dining room: I'm still thinking about colors and a design I want for here, but this is something I've thought of with a splash of color.


There are 2 guest rooms. Here is the concept I have for the first one.  Nautical theme and it would be great for kids who are staying there.




The other guest room: I have no idea what I want for this room either, but I want to use neutral colors and have a whole wall with French doors.



Master bedroom: This is the room I know I'm going to have fun with. For some reason I've got a taste for a beach-Victorian style decor along with french doors with a  view of the backyard.



Backyard: Since the house isn't close to the beach it should at least have a pool. I love the beauty of the floor for the patio and the palm shaped fans. The back yard is large enough for many things so I've decided to add a patio, pool, putting green and outdoor kitchen and of course it will be filled with palm trees and mango trees. I'm sure the guests would like that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Life Gives You Lemons Make Orange Juice and Leave the World Wondering How You Did It

Dear 20-Something and Frustrated Females...

Don't Use Your Children As An Excuse